Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Socks & Bags



Last weekend I used the Knitty: Socks 101 Training Sock Pattern to learn the techniques used in sock making - so now I am working on a real sock to see if I can figure it all out - here are the results so far. A training sock and the turned heel of a Sharon sized ankle sock. I have also discovered the wonders of Sock Yarn. I know I am going to have to get some Opal Rainforest Tiger Sock Yarn soon! I am also working on a Booga Bag that got put on the back burner for the socky goodness - but here is a progress picture!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay for socks! Welcome to the dark side, Sharon. Isn't the Tiger yarn the best? I have some squirreled away in my desk drawer at work for a rainy day.

GretchenX said...

I live the sock colors!!

And the Jayne hat! I can't wait for Serenity to be released!!!

:)

GretchenX said...

grr, that is, I LOVE not live the sock colors! :)

SHARONS_SECRET_PAL said...

what lovely yarn!

you should be getting a special package next week sometime...

Danielle said...

Hi Sharon!
Very cute socks!

I posted a questionnaire on the knitty thread that you can fill out to join the Journal Swap!

Happy knitting!

-Danielle

SHARONS_SECRET_PAL said...

if all the planets are aligned you should be receiving your package today...

but then who can count on those pesky planets? or the us post office?

friday at the latest...lol.

enjoy