Thursday, November 24, 2005
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
I received my package from my Knittyboard Holiday Secret Pal - look at all them goodies! I got Lavender bath Confetti and a Handknit Chenille Washcloth(it's fuschia not red - bad camera!), A little bag with Lion Brand Stitch Markers, handmade stitch markers and a cool pewter Knit pin, 2 balls of Knitpicks Essential Sock Yarn in Grass (I have much sock knitting to do now), a small Clover Crochet hook for picking up dropped stitches (that will be VERY helpful) and a ball of LB Incredible in Accent on Black - it was all wrapped up in fun tissue paper and pretty pink ribbons! Thank you Holiday Secret Pal! I love my goodies!
I got two Secret Pal packages yesterday - One from my Secret Pal for SP6 - She sent me a wonderful Sock Knitting Knit (with Opal Tiger Sock Yarn, Needles, Stitch Markers, an two patterns) a Fiber Trends Sock Pattern, and Knitting without Tears! Oh and some Sinimints that are not pictured! ;)
I will post about the other package later as I am not 100% positive if it is from who I think it is from! it has a bit of the Holiday feel to it though! :)
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
- I am a native Texan, a native Houstonian at that.
- Per the people I support daily, I have little or no Texas accent, they think I am from Boston or somewhere other than Texas.
- I took speech therapy as a child because I said my R’s as W’s. Perhaps that is why people think I am from somewhere else.
- I have done telephone tech support for various companies including Microsoft since 1997.
- I taught myself a lot of what I know to do Tech Support by playing around with computers and reading books.
- I've never completed college, but would like to go back one day.
- I am an A+ certified technician.
- I have been around crafty people all my life, both my grandmother and mother were seamstresses, I had some of the best costumes as a child.They both had other craft interests as well.My grandmother did needlepoint on plastic canvas and macrame and my mother crochets, and makes beautiful beaded Christmas ornaments.
- I am very crafty though I dabble a lot, I know how to sew, crochet, knit, make jewelry, sculpt, embroider, cross-stitch and do some various paper crafts, I am sure there are others in there I have forgotten.
- I think I might be mildly dyslexic, but I am tenacious so I figure out how to do things on my own or ask for help when I feel confused.
- A few years ago I taught myself to crochet and I crochet pretty good, but sometimes I get confused reading the patterns, that is when I call mom.
- I tried for about 2 years to teach myself to knit but could never figure it out so I took a class.The class helped but at the end of the class I realized that I was twisting all my stitches the wrong way, the teacher just said it was no big deal.To me that was unacceptable so I found http://www.knittinghelp.com/ and taught myself the right way to knit, well at least my way to knit!
- Knitting patterns sometimes confuse me too but less than crochet patterns.
- I have played Role Playing games for 25 years now; I started playing D&D with my brother and his friends when I was 14.I currently do a bit of live role playing and play World of Warcraft as well.
- I have been married once and have never remarried.
I am trying to think of some others - comment and ask questions - maybe I can find more things about me!